Thursday, July 12, 2007

Map Pendants...




it seems as though every time i list a vintage map pendant i get a request for a custom piece. i love doing custom work, but the map pendants are my favorite thus far. the stories behind the destinations that people request are so intriguing, from places where they grew up, vacationed, honeymooned...the list goes on and on. i love the fact that people have such a connection to these places that they want to wear them around their necks.
i am constantly sourcing old, antique and vintage maps and atlases to add to my collection. some of the old maps have such lovely colors that when used in a pendant, it has the appearance of a piece of exotic tourquoise. or maybe thats just me ;).

1 comment:

Vintage Indie said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this idea! I'm going to convo you right now!