Thursday, March 20, 2008

Glass




When I was a child, I remember watching a Discovery Channel documentary on Dale Chihuly and becoming enamored with glass and glass blowing.
Many years later, I am still obsessed. My newest glass obsession is Boro, or Borosilicate. Most of us use boro glass in our everyday lives as Pyrex but many glass artists use this glass to create stunning works of art.
One such artist is LLuvia Brito who’s Etsy shop, uvanamos, I recently discovered and feel head over heals for.
From her shop: “My philosophy on bead making is that handmade beads should be unique but still manageable. What I mean by this is that I want my beads to be easy to design jewelry with, and more importantly they should be comfortable to wear!”
I could not agree with her more. Check out her shop to view more of her beautiful work.

1 comment:

Umā said...

these are amazing, i am definitely going to check out her etsy shop!