Tuesday, March 11, 2008

New Displays



I've decided to re-vamp my show display this year (now I just have to work on booking some shows!) and started with these above. They are essentially cheap picture frames that I've painted. I removed the glass and "upholstered" the back of the frame using batting, pretty fabric and my trusty hot glue gun. I'm really happy with the way they came out, soft and pretty, yet functional. I took them with me recently as I made the rounds to some local boutiques and they held up surprisingly well being yanked in and out of my tote bag.

I think all in all, they cost me less than $20 to make three.

2 comments:

Lorelei Eurto said...

Gorgeous Lola!
It reminds me of the photos of the jewerly in that book I just bought, French Inspired Jewelry.
I think this would be a great look for photographing pieces too! Maybe I'll try to make one! What did you paint the frame with? What color?

Lola said...

I used plain acrylic craft paint. I did sort of a faux finish (although it's hard to see in the photos) using cream, brown and gold paint and sanded for effect.